Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Why my IPod's cooler than your IPod - Volume 1

  • I Need Somebody - Bardot

It is pretty safe to say that everyone on the Epping/Hurstbridge train line has seen me doing the Sophie Monk "hip-thrusting motorbike move" in an attempt to gee myself up for a day in the hell hole.

  • Dancing in the Storm - Boom Crash Opera

If you didn't spend at least one night of the late 1990s completely guttered on "slurpies" at Frost Bites, screaming at the Dale Ryder Band to play this and/or Onion Skin, I don't wanna know you.

  • Hot in Here (remix) - Tiga

Sensational remix with one of the better videoclips you will see. Tiga really is a clever doobie, isn't he? Mr Coppell, I'd quite like to see him upstairs at the Prince soon...

  • Look on the Floor - Bananarama

Cool as shit track from their ridiculously underrated comeback album "Drama". Please, do yourself a favour and download this and Move in My Direction and thank me later.

  • Jackie - BZ feat. Joanne

Redheads, Bobby McGees, G Spot and Twister were our playground, Jackie our anthem and Joanne the skankiest skank of them all. I went to bed stinking of illusion shakers, but I always woke up with your lips on my imagination...

  • Chanel Cole's Audition - Aus Idol 04

Thanks to the wonder of Limewire you too can witness Marcia compliment Chanel, before sister-girlfriend got herself on the badself side. mmmhmmm *neck swivel*

  • Foolish HandsGames - Jewel

Inexplicably, I always think this song is called Foolish Hands and that is how it is named in my IPod - the song would be so much better if it WAS about hands...

  • Rhythm of the Night - El Debarge

Debate for hours with your friends whether El is a man or a woman, or do what I do and put on your meanest "gym scowl" and lift some weights with this blaring in your ears and giggle to yourself as the wannabes think you too are listening to Nickelback etc.

  • Venus or Mars - Jackson Mendoza

How damn good is this track??? and wasn't there some fantastic back-story where one of them got stabbed by her boyfriend or something???

  • Africa - Toto

Sure it is an absolute classic, but I just absolutely love how they try and fit "As sure as Kilimanjaro rises like Olympus above the Serengeti" into the melody, resulting in a brilliant emPHAsis on the wrong SyllAble.

1 comment:

Scott said...

Ever the Idol tragic, I have the DVD with Chanel's first audition on it. Absolute gold.